The devoted religious minded founders of the College gave utmost importance to the study of religion and the cultivation of divine values among the youth. The College staff is putting its humble efforts to inculcate moral and ethical values amongst the students of the college. Gurmat Sabha is fully committed for ensuring students to be awakened with the values enshrined in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, irrespective of caste or religion.
Prayers are held in the College Gurudwara Sahib in the morning and evening. Students are motivated to attend these prayers. The students are also expected to participate in the celebrations of the Gurpurabs and other religious functions in the college.
|Prof. Jaspreet Kaur
Aims and Objectives
- To create awareness and enlighten the youth about their rich and glorious Sikh heritage.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values amongst the students of the college.
- To launch movement in the fields of Social Service, Education and Other aspects as per universal approach of Gurbani.
- To restore Respect, Dedication and Faith in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.
- To encourage youngsters who have gone astray to re-establish their link with Sikhism.
- To initiate practices to safeguard the youngsters from drugs and other intoxicants.
- The new session is inaugurated with Kirtan Samagam, offering prayer (Ardaas) to seek blessings of the Almighty.
- Examinations in Divinity/Moral Education are held periodically and prizes are awarded to the best students.
- Sikh students are encouraged to wear “Turban” in the college campus. ‘Dastaar Bandi’ competitions are also held annually and best students are awarded to motivate them.
- With the initiative of the management, the College celebrates ‘Prakash Purab’ of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, wherein all the faculty members and students are encouraged to participate in these celebrations.
- National Level Seminar On "Relevance on Guru Nanak Dev in 21st Century" was held on 2nd November, 2019.
- In order to celebrate 400th Prakash Purab of Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib Ji, various online events are conducted including Kirtan Samagam, National symposiums, Inter-college/school quiz contests etc.
- On 550th ‘Prakash Purab’ of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji, Gurmat Sabha established a new park in the college named ‘Guru Nanak Bagichi’ which was inaugurated on 2nd November, 2019.
Gurmat Sabha Activities (2015-2020)